Sunday, March 6, 2016

Cookbook Party

What a CRAZY few weeks it has been.  I have been away from my blog for a bit and I am excited to dive into this new post.  But I have to confess...bloggin' is tough!  I really respect all the bloggers out there that invest their times and hearts into their stories!

Instead of getting down on myself for being absent, I will celebrate the opportunity to share my most recent deliciousness!

One of the greatest things about food is sharing it and what better way to do that than a PARTY! I have a wonderful group of friends that love an excuse to gather and eat and so we have been meeting for monthly cookbook parties.  Our friend suggested the idea and we all ran with it.  There are about 12-14 people who join the festivities.  Everyone brings their own plates.  This was a fun way to make our table feel cozy.

We choose cookbooks that teach us something new and that have a strong online presence.  That helps us all get our hands on the recipes.

Here are the first few books we explored

Add caption
Warm Mushroom Salad with Hazelnuts







The next party was a little chaotic.  Nantucket was hit by a big snowstorm that changed our plans up a bit.  The party was split up.  We had a few people in town gathered together and the rest of us braved the storm to gather at another location.  We explored recipes from The Hemsley Sister's cookbook.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the delicious dishes at this gathering.  The storm threw us for a loop.  I made the BB Brownies and the Whole Roasted Cauliflower.  Both recipes were delicious.  It was fun watching everyone try the brownies made with...black beans?!  The texture was great and they were so chocolately and decadent....yummers.

So much variety in this beautiful yellow book!


We gathered around this book last night

We had a wide variety of dishes from Chicken Lemon Rice Soup to Peanut Butter and Jam Cookies!!
I brought the most delicious salad and I am still dreaming about it this morning....Warm Kale, Butternut Squash and Kale Salad.  Here is a link to the recipe

 Simply, wholesome, delicious...I will make it again and again!

So happy to share this beautiful dish!
This salad was easy to prep and full of flavor.  It was a fun afternoon of prepping!

Spice Blend!
Roasting Squash
Here are a few of the other dishes that were served.
The table is set

Cookbook Crew!


Start a cookbook club!  Do it!  It's a great excuse to gather and share and eat!  We researching our pick for April and I can't wait!!



No comments:

Post a Comment